Now Accepting Applications for Superintendent of Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools now accepting applications for new Superintendent of Schools
Applications are now being accepted for Minneapolis Public Schools’ (MPS) new Superintendent of Schools. Executive search firm BWP & Associates has posted the position on its website and is currently conducting candidate outreach and recruitment.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary instructional leader, effective communicator, and collaborative manager, with a strong record of accomplishments as a school district leader.
Additionally, the next MPS superintendent must be able to:
- Foster unity with the community and serve as a healing presence;
- Maintain a visible and active presence in the community, engaging with stakeholders and seeking their input;
- Value the community’s role in decision-making and respects their perspectives, always remembering that the MPS are the community’s schools;
- Remain connected and engaged with staff to understand the administrative and teaching challenges affecting student learning;
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion, addressing inequities and racism in policies, programs, services, facilities, and curriculum; and
- Build strong teams, act with integrity, and relentlessly advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the MPS organization.
Those interested in applying must submit a resume, letter of interest, three up-to-date letters of reference, proof of appropriate licensure and complete copies of transcripts on the BWP & Associates website.
Applications will be accepted until November 5, 2023.
More information about the superintendent search process can be found on the MPS superintendent search website.