Every student achieves their full potential through equal access to programming that is academically rigorous and connects learning with students’ experiences.
Provide standards-based core instruction with a focus on literacy and mathematics.
- Ensure all curriculum and instructional practices are anti-racist and sustain the cultures, languages, and experiences of our students.
- Ensure all community schools provide access to STEM, music, art, language, and, for high schools, ethnic studies and college credit courses.
- Implement Professional Learning Communities to ensure all students’ needs are met through a system of academic support and intervention.
- Provide magnet school pathways that offer innovative thematic instruction and integrated learning opportunities.
*The bolded strategies have been prioritized by the MPS School Board. While the distrct is working on implementing all of the stratetgies, a select few have been deemed a priority. These prioritized stategies will be highlighted during School Board meetings and the Strategic Plan team will provide more frequent progress updates during the course of the Strategic Plan.
Full implementation of K-5 math and Sexual health curricula
Pilot material selection for K-5 literacy, 6-8 ELA, and 9-12 ELA
- On track to complete pilot and curriculum selection process for 6-12 math and Health
- Relaunching steering committee for K-5 Social Studies adoption
- Support triad interventions and related PD, resources, and materials
- Draft and reinforce district-wide literacy and math content knowledge and instructional practices through ongoing PD
- Support newcomer and sheltered instruction PD
- Cross departmental newcomer support group and development of a newcomer plan
Establish vision for standards-based assessment policies and practices
Collect data around current curriculum adoptions
Strategy 1.2: Ensure all curriculum and instructional practices are anti-racist and sustain the cultures, languages, and experiences of our students.
- Finalize equity and anti-racist criteria for curriculum adoptions
- Develop a workplan to align teacher and principal/assistant principal evaluation protocols to the anti-racist criteria/equity competencies
- Dream Catcher Project: Initial training for Indian Education, cultural staff, special education and administrative leadership. Ongoing coaching and professional development through virtual meetings, localized team-building activities, on-site visits and workshops.
- Gather data to evaluate the impact of the Dream Catcher Project and to identify ways to better incorporate culturally significant strategies into interventions and special ed evaluations
- Utilize equity and anti-racist criteria with fidelity in the school year ‘23-24 curriculum adoption evaluation