MPS is known by our community as welcoming, responsive, and connected
- Fully implement the climate framework to ensure all district staff, parents, and students feel heard, valued and respected.
- Utilize district equity competencies to inform district hiring and retention practices, professional development opportunities, and professional support systems.
- Provide consistent opportunities for youth, parents and community members to provide feedback on district policies and practices.
- Ensure student placement practices support integrated learning opportunities, and increased enrollment and retention
- Support community partnerships to enhance student experiences and learning opportunities.
*The bolded strategy has been prioritized by the MPS School Board. While the distrct is working on implementing all of the stratetgies, a select few have been deemed a priority. These prioritized stategies will be highlighted during School Board meetings and the Strategic Plan team will provide more frequent progress updates during the course of the Strategic Plan.
- August professional development for Principals/APs, district department, and new staff uplifting MPS Climate Framework
Development of trainings and protocols to address Hate and Bias within MPS
- Administer Cultivate Survey twice each year to gather student feedback on climate
- Establish school equity and school climate teams at sites
- Intentional inclusive school and community engagement opportunities to ensure all families feel welcomed, valued, and belong in MPS
- Provide training for school and district staff on strategies to address incidents of hate and bias and reporting
- Develop tools for gathering staff and caregiver feedback to support measurement of climate at the school level
- MPS staff will receive training on the components of the climate framework, as well their roles in increasing positive climate at their site or in their role