Every student’s physical and mental well-being is addressed as an integral part of their education.
Provide equitable student access to culturally responsive counseling and mental health services.
Fully implement a restorative approach to student support.
Integrate social and emotional practices into all classrooms and Out of School Time activities
Provide physically safe and welcoming school environments through strategic shortening of walk zones, building cleanliness, building improvements, landcare and strong emergency management practices.
Support healthy child development through nutritious meals and promotion of physical activity.
*The bolded strategy has been prioritized by the MPS School Board. While the distrct is working on implementing all of the stratetgies, a select few have been deemed a priority. These prioritized stategies will be highlighted during School Board meetings and the Strategic Plan team will provide more frequent progress updates during the course of the Strategic Plan.
- Alignment of EMSS Specialists to each site, with additional staffing allocated to priority sites
- Each building implements a Site Emergency Team
- Implement procedures for responding to critical incidents, including staff support
- Implement the Naloxone Emergency Response Protocol
- Fill custodial vacancies to enhance building cleanliness
- Hire financial analyst focused on capital planning
- Pilot substance use intervention
- Enhanced plant operations training, including a Training Academy
- HVAC upgrades