Family Resource Center
The Family Resource Center provides school-based resources and social services for families and students at Minneapolis Public Schools.
The Family Resource Center is available to families by appointments and by walk-ins.
We partner with community agencies and public institutions to provide comprehensive school-based, social, emotional and physical health services and learning opportunities for families and students.
- Complete the contact forms and turn them in to a family resource assistant/community liaison.
- If there is not a family resource assistant/community liaison at your school building, contact forms can be faxed to 612.668.4290.
Health Related Services
- Assistance applying for medical assistance and emergency medical assistance.
- Assistance applying for assured access and other sliding fee programs.
- Help with eye glasses vouchers.
- Help navigating the medical system for assessments and chronic disease care.
- Help getting needed immunization and physicals.
Mental Health Services
- Help connect families with community based mental health providers.
- Build collaborations to bring community providers into school buildings for group and individual mental health services.
- Help families navigate medical systems for assessments.
- On-site mental health clinic run by Mental Health Collective
- Connect families with basic need resources including: housing, furniture, household items, food, clothes, etc.
- Connect families with job search tutorials, after-school education programs, community-based tutoring programs, school registration and summer programs, etc.