Parent Academy: Connecting Parents to Educational Opportunities (CPEO)
Parents can enroll in a free parent academy called CPEO (Connecting Parents to Educational Opportunities). CPEO helps parents develop skills to help their children succeed in school.
CPEO is for parents with children in elementary, middle and high school. The program is taught in English, Spanish, Hmong and Somali.
The program runs for 5 weeks with classes one night each week. Childcare, meals and transportation are provided to families who need it.
- Creating home learning environments
- Developing skills for collaborating with school staff
- Understanding your child’s emotional and social development
- Navigating the school system
- Helping your child explore career and college options
The CPEO program is sponsored and supported by Minneapolis Public Schools. CPEO provides a framework for creating a community in which parents and teachers collaborate to transform each child's educational environment, both at home and at school, so that all children can achieve their greatest academic potential.