The Human Resources Division aims to ensure high academic achievement of all MPS students by recruiting, selecting, retaining and supporting a diverse and highly talented staff.
What We Do
- Talent Acquisition's responsibilities include developing a strategic approach to identify, attract and on-board top talent and effectively meet the District's dynamic staffing needs.
- Employee Relations areas of work include: Discipline, Grievances, Contract Administration, and Contract Negotiations
- Talent Management
- Performance Management includes all evaluation systems in MPS. Human Capital Data Analysis will help us use all the performance information we collect to make smarter decisions on staff hiring, professional development and retention.
- Quality Compensation (Qcomp) is a state funded grant program that provides nearly $92 million annually to fund annually to fund programs that support teachers to advance student achievement.
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Instructional Specialists (IS) conduct secondary observations (including pre- and post-observation conferences) utilizing the Standards of Effective Instruction (SOEI) as part of the MPS teacher evaluation model. In addition to secondary observations, IS also coach and connect teachers to resources, co-teach and model teaching strategies, design and deliver professional development modules to schools based on needs, and help facilitate Profession al Learning Communities or data cycles.
- Peer Assistance and Review (PAR) mentors includes new teacher induction and mentoring, tenured teacher mentoring, professional development process and professional services support. PAR Mentors assist teachers with development of Professional Development Plan (PDP) and team, connect teachers to resources, support with implementation of Focused Instructional materials and resources, share teaching strategies and best practices.
1250 West Broadway Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55411
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Senior Human Resources Officer
Executive Director, Human Resources
Director, Talent Acquisition
Dr. Emily Olson
Director, Talent Management
Director, Human Resources Information Systems