The Plant Maintenance Department is a service organization that is dedicated to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment that contributes to student achievement.
Plant Maintenance is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of school buildings and all fixed equipment through preventive maintenance and repairs. We perform repairs of equipment and also equipment replacement. A work order system is used to help identify equipment repairs that is needed. We also plan for replacement of critical assets. Plant Maintenance is funded using the bond program.
Plant Maintenance contains the following skilled trades in the department:
- Electrical (line voltage)
- Electrical (low voltage)
- Fire Protection
- Sheet Metal and Roofing
- Pipe Fitting
- Carpentry, Glazing, and Locksmith
Policies related to Plant Maintenance
- Policy 3520 A Energy Conservation Standards: The purpose of this regulation is to establish the energy conservation standards which will be used in District facilities.
- Policy 3520 Energy Use: The purpose of this policy is to establish the District's values regarding use of energy and conservation efforts.
- Policy 3517 A Stewardship of District Buildings and Grounds: The purpose of this regulation is to ensure that work or projects that are proposed by any District site shall be coordinated and implemented through the Director of Planning & Facilities.